600V CU PVC TFN TRIADS PVC TOS Instrumentation
Type TC-ER Instrumentation Cable 600 Volt Copper Conductors PVC/Nylon Insulated Singles Overall Shield TOS. PVC Jacket Heat, Moisture, Oil and Sunlight Resistant RoHS rated for -25°C to 90°C
- Conductor:Class B stranded bare copper per ASTM B3 and B8
- Insulation:Premium Grade Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) plus nylon Black/White/Red alpha-numeric print alternate and inverted. 1-ONE, 2-TWO.
- Overall Drain Wire:Tinned Copper. Sized two AWG sizes smaller than triad size. For #18 AWG triad: Drain is 20 AWG. For #16 AWG triad: Drain is 18 AWG.
- Binder:Mylar binder
- Overall Shielded:100% coverage aluminum/polyester foil shield with a drain wire sized two AWG sizes smaller than triad size. For #18 AWG triad: Drain is 20 AWG. For #16 AWG triad: Drain is 18 AWG.
- Rip Cord:Rip cord under jacket for ease of removal
- Jacket:Black sunlight, oil and moisture resistant Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
Applications and Features:
Southwire’s Instrumentation Cables Type TC-ER per UL 1277 are suitable for installations as outlined in NEC Article 336 for process control and instrumentation, control circuits for operation and interconnection of protective and signaling devices and for general use in manufacturing, industrial and commercial distribution systems. Cables are constructed with 7-strand copper conductors insulated with nylon covered PVC. The triad conductors are colored black, white, red and alpha-numeric printed. The overall assembly is covered with an aluminum polyester foil with 100% coverage and a tinned drain wire. The cable is suited for use in cable trays, raceways, conduit, aerial (when supported with a messenger) and direct burial. The cable is rated for -25°C to 90°C and rated for Class I Div II hazardous locations, sun and oil resistant. The jacket is black PVC with a nylon ripcord for easy removal.
Sample Print Legend:
SOUTHWIRE® XX AWG XX TRIADS PVC/PVC TYPE TC-ER E75755 (UL) 90°C SUN AND OIL RES SEQUENTIAL MARKING
Table 1 – Weights and Measurements
All dimensions are nominal and subject to normal manufacturing tolerances
◊ Cable marked with this symbol is a standard stock item
Table 2 – Weights and Measurements (Metric)
Typical Electrical Specifications for Each Triad