Hard-Drawn Copper, Grooved Contact Wire, 30% SouthWear®
Contact / Trolley Wire for Mass Transit and Industrial Haulage
This product offers the industry's most commonly used, best conductivity, wear characteristics and tensile strength properties. Hard Drawn Copper contact/trolley wire is available in the ASTM configurations: grooved, figure 8, or figure 9.
Applications and Features:
SouthWear® Contact Wire is mechanically rugged commonly used as an overhead power source on streetcars, trolleys, electric trolley buses, light rail, commuter rail and high speed railway mass transit systems. Features a 30% wear mark on the side of the wire to provide visual identification when the percentage of wear has met or exceeded the industries allowable safe tolerance for wear. Southwire hard drawn copper trolley wire is ideal for line speeds of up to 100 mph (160 km/h).
• Industry Standard Tensile Strength and Breaking Load
• Increase in Conductivity over CuMG, CuAG, and CuSN
• High Tensile Strength and Breaking Load
• Ships on N-42 wooden reels (S-77 steel reels available per SW reel policy)
• RoHS/Proposition 65 Compliant
• Available with top lobe identification marking per IEEE 1896-2016
• Southwire SPEED Qualified for low volume requests
• Stable and Reliable for Long Term use
• Buy America Compliant
Specifications:ASTM B47 Copper Trolley WireEN 50149 Railway Applications. Fixed Installations. Electric Traction. Copper and Copper Alloy Grooved Contact Wires.
Table 1 – Weights and Measurements
Updated On: Aug. 18, 2023, 2:40 p.m. UTC